Dirt Craft will be teaching 3 back to back natural building workshops at Blue Quills First Nations College in St. Paul, Alberta in July 2014.
This partnership presents a unique opportunity for some serious hands-on learning.
As a way for you to take advantage, we thought we’d offer the Natural Building Intensive package. Sign up for all three workshops for a savings of $200.
Over these 9 days of hands-on natural building, you will learn how to:
- Build with cob – how to find and process local materials; how to mix and test your recipe
- Use cob to build a super efficient wood fired oven (think amazing pizza!)
- Build with straw bales to create an amazingly energy efficient, healthy home
- Use earth to create a beautiful plaster system for your straw bale building (and why choosing the right plaster system is critical to the longevity of your natural building)
- Use clay to make a beautiful, durable earthen floor
For detailed information on each component of the Natural Building Intensive, please click through to individual workshop descriptions below:
- The Double Chamber Cob Oven (July 19th & 20th)
- Straw Bale Comprehensive (July 21st to 25th)
- The Complete Earthen Floor (July 26th to 27th)
Note: Registrations are being administrated through Michael Hollihn at Blue Quills. Please visit www.bluequillsnaturalbuildings.com or contact him directly: Michael Hollihn (Natural Building-Science Apprenticeship Program Coordinator): 780.645.4455 extension 241 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the workshop, please feel free to contact us (Heather or Ashley of Dirt Craft Natural Building).
|Double Chamber Wood Fired Cob Oven||July 19 & 20||$280|
|The Straw Bale Comprehensive||July 21 – July 25||$700|
|The Complete Earthen Floor||July 26 & July 27||$280|
|Natural Building Intensive (all 3 workshops, save $200)||July 19 – July 27||$1,060|